This simple salmon bowl is good for your heart and your brain – and it tastes great, too! Protein and omega-3 rich salmon is served on a bed of brown rice, accompanied by fresh veggies and avocado. And all that yum in only 30 minutes!
• 4 salmon fillets (4-6 oz ea.)
• 4 cups cooked brown rice, prepared according to package directions
• 1 avocado, sliced
• 2 red peppers, cut into strips
• 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 Tbsp.
• Kosher or sea salt (to taste)
• Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
• 1/3 cup lime juice (fresh is best!)
• 2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped, plus more for serving
• 2 tsp. honey
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• Lime wedges, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place peppers on baking sheet and toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
3. While peppers cook, combine olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, honey and garlic in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
4. Place salmon in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour half of the marinade over fillets. Toss until fully coated. Set aside remaining marinade.
6. When peppers have baked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and place salmon fillets on top of the peppers. Bake together until peppers are tender and salmon is cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
7. Divide cooked rice into four bowls and top with salmon, peppers, sliced avocado and a wedge of lime. Garnish with cilantro and serve with extra marinade on the side.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING
Yield: 4 servings
Calories 413 | Total Fat 16 g | Protein 22 g | Carbohydrates 47 g | Sugar 4.6 g | Sodium 25 mg
Want to see how customized nutrition coaching can help YOU?
Meet our Director of Nutritional Support
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @beyondmeasuretraining on Instagram with the hashtag #beyondmeasurenutrition