You just have to try this amazing combo of chicken, pasta, and brown butter brussel sprouts. The textures of these ingredients – the garlic chicken, the chewy noodle, and the buttery sprouts – blend perfectly together. You can dress up this dish by adding some crispy thick-cut bacon or pair it with some garlic bread. You can thank us later!
• 2 chicken breasts
• 1 Tbsp. butter
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. pepper
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
PASTA WITH BRUSSEL SPROUTS
• 8 oz penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 lb brussel sprouts, washed and halved
• 8 Tbsp. butter, unsalted
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Freshly grated parmesan
1. In a medium non-stick pan, heat butter and olive oil.
2. Mix together salt, pepper, and garlic powder and sprinkle over both sides of chicken.
3. Place seasoned chicken into the pan and cook 3-5 minutes on each side until browned. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Once cooked through, remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Cook Pasta to al dente and set aside.
5. In the same pan that you cooked the chicken in, heat the olive oil until simmering. Place the brussel sprouts, cut side down and cook for 3 minutes. Flip the sprouts and cook for 1 more minute. The sprouts should be slightly charred on each side. Set aside while making the brown butter.
6. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter bubbles, begin whisking occasionally to prevent from bubbling over. Once the butter foams, whisk vigorously until golden brown bits form. Remove from heat immediately.
7. Add the garlic and stir. Pour over the brussel sprouts and toss to coat.
8. Add the brussel Sprouts to the pasta and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle on the parmesan.
9. Slice the chicken and place on top of the pasta mixture. Serve immediately.
Want to see how customized nutrition coaching can help YOU?
Meet our Director of Nutritional Support
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @beyondmeasuretraining on Instagram with the hashtag #beyondmeasurenutrition