We’re always looking for nutritious snack ideas that step outside the box of “same-old.” This recipe for Peanut Protein Crunch Bars is a perfect answer to the boring snack dilemma. Full of protein and able to be prepped ahead of time, we hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
• 1 Tbsp pure honey
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ¼ cup water
• 1 cup all-natural chunky peanut butter
• 125 g vanilla protein powder (We love Thorne’s Whey Protein Isolate!)
• ½ cup oat flour
• ¼ cup almonds, sliced
1. Add honey, vanilla, cottage cheese, cinnamon and water to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
2. Transfer to mixing bowl. Add peanut butter and stir to combine.
3. Add protein powder and stir to combine.
4. Add oat flour and stir to combine.
5. Line 9×9 baking pan with plastic wrap about twice the size of the pan, making sure it hangs equally over both sides.
6. Scoop mixture into the plastic-lined pan.
7. Fold the extra plastic wrap over mixture.
8. Spread the mixture with a spatula, making sure it fills the pan and there is a layer of plastic above and below the bars.
9. Uncover the top of the mixture and press the slices almonds into the top of the bars.
10. Cover. Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
11. Cut into 2×2 inch bars and enjoy!
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING
Yield: 8 bars
Calories 373 || Total Fat 22.1 g || Protein 26.6 g || Carbohydrates 17 g
**SOURCE: “Gourmet Nutrition: The Cookbook for the Fit Food Lover” by John Berardi**
Want to see how customized nutrition coaching can help YOU?
Meet our Director of Nutritional Support
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @beyondmeasuretraining on Instagram with the hashtag #beyondmeasurenutrition