Roasting isn’t usually the first cooking method you think of with cauliflower, but the results are quite delicious! This recipe for Balsamic + Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower calls for the florets to be cut into thick slices and tossed with extra-virgin olive oil and herbs. Wherever the flat surfaces come into contact with the hot roasting pan, a deep browning occurs that results in a sweet, nutty flavor… and it’s soooo good!
Cook Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min
• 8 cups of cauliflower florets, sliced about 1-inch-thick (about 1 large head; see TIP below)
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
• 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
• Freshly ground pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Toss cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
3. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until cauliflower starts to soften and brown on the bottom, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Toss the cauliflower with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Return to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, about 5 to 10 minutes more.
• To prepare florets from a whole head of cauliflower, remove outer leaves. Slice off the thick stem. With the head upside down and holding a knife at a 45° angle, slice into the smaller stems with a circular motion— removing a “plug” from the center of the head. Break or cut florets into the desired size.
• Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet is great for everything from roasting to catching accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape, line them with a layer of foil before each use.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING
Serving size: about 1 cup
152 calories || 10 g fat (3 g sat) || 3 g fiber || 10 g carbohydrates || 7 g protein || 90 mcg folate || 7 mg cholesterol || 5 g sugars (0 g added sugars) || 99 IU vitamin A || 75 mg vitamin C || 163 mg calcium || 1 mg iron || 362 mg sodium || 519 mg potassium
NUTRITION BONUS: Vitamin C (125% daily value) || Folate (22% dv)
Want to see how customized nutrition coaching can help YOU?
Meet our Director of Nutritional Support
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @beyondmeasuretraining on Instagram with the hashtag #beyondmeasurenutrition