This recipe for Chicken Parm Stuffed Peppers has all the flavor of our favorite Italian dish with a healthier low-carb spin. It’s so good and beyond easy to make! Keep it low carb and enjoy as is or serve on a bed of brown rice.
Yields: 4 Servings Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 1 hr Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
• 3 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
• ½ cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for serving
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 ½ cups marinara
• 1 Tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
• Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
• Kosher salt
• 12 oz fresh or frozen breaded chicken, cooked according to package instructions and diced
• 4 bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
• ½ cup chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place halved bell peppers into 9×13 baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, marinara, parsley, and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined, then gently fold in chicken.
3. Spoon mixture into halved bell peppers and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
4. Pour chicken broth into baking dish (to help the peppers steam) and cover with foil.
5. Bake until peppers are tender, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Uncover and broil 2 minutes.
6. Garnish with parsley and more parmesan before serving.
Want to see how customized nutrition coaching can help YOU?
Meet our Director of Nutritional Support
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @beyondmeasuretraining on Instagram with the hashtag #beyondmeasurenutrition