Pancakes SEEM like an indulgence – and most are. But these protein pancakes will help you rise and shine without the weighed-down feeling of traditional pancakes. There’s no butter, no wheat and no added sugar.
— NOTE: Not all protein powder is gluten-free. Be sure to read labels if you have an allergy or are avoiding gluten. —
Why protein? Whether you’re looking to burn fat or build muscle, protein supplementing can help you see faster results because protein assists with fat loss and muscle building, repair, and maintenance.
• ½ cup rolled oats (OR 1/3 cup oat flour)
• ¾ scoop of Thorne Whey Protein Isolate powder, vanilla flavor
• ¼ cup almond milk
• ¼ cup cottage cheese
• 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed + 3 Tbsp. water (This combo acts as the egg substitute.)
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• Optional topping: 1 cup blueberries
1. Heat large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat, spraying with non-stick cooking spray (or use butter/coconut oil to grease pan if you prefer.)
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flax seed and water until viscous.
3. Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
4. Pour batter onto heated surface, into about 6-inch-sized pancakes.
5. Let cook for about 3-4 minutes until edges are dry and pancake is “set.” (The flaxseed and water egg substitute causes it to take a little longer to cook, so just make sure it is set before flipping.) Flip and cook the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Continue steps 4 & 5 until all the batter is cooked. Top with blueberries, if desired. Enjoy!
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING
381 calories || 13 g fat || 38 g carbohydrates || 33 g protein
Want to see how customized nutrition coaching can help YOU?
Meet our Director of Nutritional Support
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @beyondmeasuretraining on Instagram with the hashtag #beyondmeasurenutrition