This beauty is absolutely delicious AND satisfying! This Paleo Quiche with a Sweet Potato Crust is packed with kale and boasts plenty of bacon, too. We made it ahead of time as part of our weekly meal prep, divided into 8 slices and arranged them in containers for a weekday grab-and-go breakfast. But make no mistake, this dish would also be a knockout addition to your Sunday brunch spread! We promise, this recipe is one for the books!
COOK TIME: 35 minutes TOTAL TIME: 60 minutes
• 5 slices sugar-free bacon
• 5 eggs
• 1 can full fat coconut milk
• 1 bunch kale
• 1 medium sweet potato
• Coconut oil
• 1 tsp. salt + more to taste
• 1 tsp. black pepper
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• 1 tsp. cumin
• 1 tsp. turmeric
• Spring form pan or casserole dish, 8”
• Parchment paper, optional
1. Dice sweet potato into ¼ inch cubes.
2. Wash, dry and chop kale.
3. In a large skillet, cook bacon on medium heat, 3-4 minutes each side until golden, but not crispy.
4. Remove bacon from skillet & add in diced sweet potato to the same skillet.
5. Sprinkle with a little salt.
6. Cover lid and stir sweet potato occasionally until fork tender.
7. Remove sweet potato and set aside.
8. To the same skillet, add in kale. Sprinkle with salt. Cover, cook 5-8 minutes until wilted.
9. Remove from skillet and set aside to cool.
10. Whisk together (or blend in a blender on medium speed) the eggs, coconut milk and the rest of the seasoning.
11. In spring form or casserole dish press sweet potato down on the bottom creating an even layer, then line the sides with bacon slices. Start at the borders forming a sort of crust.
12. Pour egg mix in and sprinkle kale all over.
13. Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes until center is set. Let cool a bit before slicing.
SOURCE: The Castaway Kitchen
Want to see how customized nutrition coaching can help YOU?
Meet our Director of Nutritional Support
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @beyondmeasuretraining on Instagram with the hashtag #beyondmeasurenutrition