If you’re looking for a sweet treat that isn’t processed and full of calories, this is it! This Banana Soft Serve is full of potassium and natural sugar and it really hits the spot when you’re craving some ice cream, and with only 1 gram of fat and less than 175 calories per serving it’s a great alternative!
• 3 frozen bananas (cut into slices if you don’t have a super-duper blender)
• 4 Tbsp. of your favorite milk (We love unsweetened coconut or almond!)
• 1-2 tsp. vanilla extract (to taste)
• Optional: add a scoop of Thorne Whey Protein to bump up protein
1. Put all ingredients in a Vitamix or equivalently strong blender.
2. Occasionally scrape down the sides and continue to blend until smooth, approximately three minutes.
3. Scoop into a bowl and enjoy immediately as a soft serve! Or, if you want firmer ice cream, place in an airtight freezer-safe container and freeze for at least one hour.
4. Top with your favorite ice cream toppings for an added treat!
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING
YIELD: 2 servings
(Nutritional Info using unsweetened coconut milk)
174 calories // 41g carbohydrates // 1g fat // 2g protein // 6g sodium // 22g sugar
Want to see how customized nutrition coaching can help YOU?
Meet our Director of Nutritional Support
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @beyondmeasuretraining on Instagram with the hashtag #beyondmeasurenutrition